Saturday, March 11, 2006

Fine... here's your update

Bob was asking me why I hadn't updated this... um... because I've been busy?

Anyway, here's your update! ;-)

Today is an overcast day. One of those slightly miserable Saturdays where it's raining and dreary. In my opinion, very calming, actually. The hustle and bustle of the outside world seems to slow down a bit and even our dog is less obnoxious. (Granted, she's huddled up in a corner because she is afraid of storms, but at least she isn't barking at birds who venture into our territory.) I need days like today from time to time. Days that remind me to slow down. Days that seem to gently say, "Take it easy; you're stressing out too much." Days that just help remind me there is a bigger picture. I like these days. :-)

Because it's the kind of day that reminds me of Belgium, I'll include a Belgian recipe for Perfect Boiled Potatoes. Enjoy!

Perfect Boiled Potatoes

INGREDIENTS:
boiling or all-purpose potatoes such as red-skinned, Yukon Gold, or Yellow Finn (1/2 pound per person), peeled and halved or quartered depending on size
salt to taste
finely minced fresh parsley to taste
1
In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with plenty of cold water, add the salt, and bring to a boil. Cover partially and cook over medium heat until just tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
2
Drain the potatoes and return them immediately to the saucepan. Reduce the heat to low and dry the potatoes by holding the saucepan over the heat and shaking the potaotes around until all visible moisture is gone. Serve at once, sprinkled generously with parsley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter