Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Word of the Week: Gourd

Fall is in full swing. Leaves are making their gentle descent. The air has a distinct chill. The colors are beautiful - even more beautiful than spring. I can even hear the melodious opera of leaf blowers as I type this. Fall.

Speaking of which, David continues to impress me with his ever-increasing vocabulary. The other day we were looking at a display of fall-associated items. He, of course, points out the "punkins" and grins. Then he moves his little hand and points again. "Gourd." Gourd? I am not sure if I pointed one out in a book, in the cards I was stamping last week, or if he learned it at daycare, but I am impressed. Gourd.

I cannot help but wonder which vocabulary word will be next...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter