Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I love...

... watching my dog, Belle, sleep. I can't wait to do the same with a child some day.

... watching Law and Order, CSI, and Criminal Minds. If I liked science, I think I could have been a criminologist. As it is, I'll just be an armchair investigator.

... reading the "stuff" my students like to read. When kids are in their early teen years, the books tend to be high interest, quick reads. That combination is perfect for me. The other benefit is I get to connect to them through literature... a reading teacher's dream. :-)

... seeing my husband when he comes home. Sometimes I have to wait a few days while he is away on a business trip; other times I am lucky enough to see him every night. My heart still skips a beat when I know he's home.

... Yankee Candles (most of them). I wish they hadn't discontinued Hearts and Flowers, but I can forgive them... I suppose.

... being creative through so many different mediums: cardmaking, scrapbooking, knitting, cross-stitching... it's a good release.

... seeing my students when they "get it" finally after hard work. Their eyes light up and a smile starts to stretch across their faces... 'tis a beautiful moment. Wish I could capture it with a camera and store those images for the times when I am frustrated and want to cry from the anger and hopelessness that can also go along with the process.

... making lists. List-making is an easy brainstorming method for me. I like brainstorming in general though... don't tell my mom about the lists. Seriously. She'd never let me hear the end of it. ;-)

Kelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter