Monday, April 10, 2006

Showers...

Ah, the inevitable happened... another baby shower invitation showed up in the mail today. How strange am I? I love the people in whose honor the shower is being held. (It's actually for an adoption for another couple... the husband was my husband's best man.) The thought of being around a ton of baby clothes, toys, and talk? It turns my stomach. I physically hurt when I think about going to another baby shower.

So... I have to make a decision. In all likelihood, I will send a nice gift and apologize to the guest of honor. I don't want to, but the alternative is so much worse. I have this deep-seeded fear that I will go to one and start crying. That would be so unfair to the guest of honor, but I'm so emotional these days, that I just can't trust myself and my emotions to keep them in check.

This is the second shower invite in two months... when it rains... etc., etc.

Will it ever happen for us?

Yes, I know it will. I just can't help second-guessing the whole thing and being afraid...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter