Saturday, May 19, 2007

My head nearly exploded

My husband and I met up with friends of ours at a chain restaurant tonight for a few hours of fun. About 30 minutes into the evening, we noticed some teenagers dressed for the prom (tuxes and mucho cleavage dresses) in the parking lot outside our window. Well, they ended up sitting behind our friends, so they are in my line of sight (and therefore directly in the line of fire for the thoughts running through my brain). The girls had been POURED into the outfits they were wearing (most the group was in jeans, celebrating a girl's birthday, but four of the group were the ones dressed for a formal dance). Every single time any of the girls stood up to go to the restroom, she had to pick her underwear out of her derriere... comments brewing... some of the girls had the low-rise jeans, mucho belly, and cropped tops... comments brewing... of the eight kids at the table, at least three at any given time were either talking on the phone or text-messaging someone... comments brewing... man, my head hurts now. WHAT were they thinking?

I'm not a sex goddess, and I know that. I try to wear clothes that are appropriate for my body type and age. I'm ok with that. What I don't get is HOW did these young ladies think that what they were wearing was appropriate? One had a hot-pink dress with a deep-cut front and three bikini-string closures in the back. The skirt part of it was low-cut on her bum and had HIGH slits on the legs. There was absolutely NOTHING left to the imagination. It was as if she thought she was J-Lo. I just don't get it.

What will girls be wearing (or NOT wearing) by the time our little guy heads off to the prom? Let's hope Victorian collars and long bloomers are back in style by then. Yeesh.

1 Comments:

At Monday, May 21, 2007 5:03:00 PM, Blogger iffer@AOL.com said...

OMG no kidding. We went to the movies the other day, and the teenage girls in front of us (like 14 or 15 ys old at most) were wearing super short shorts and skirts. Litterally, they were millimeters from revealing themselves. Yikes. I agree with you, I hope more modest fashions are back in style by the time our kids are teens. Especially my daughter! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter