Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

Someday I will look forward to this day again... not this year. It's been six years since I celebrated this day by talking to my daddy. Cancer has deprived us of that joy for these past six years. In fact, it was seven years ago this weekend that we knew the probability of a brain tumor existed.

My husband and I have gone through the infertility process for a few years (to no avail), and now through the adoption process for over two years (to no avail thus far). This day is just frustrating. I want to CELEBRATE, but I have fear that I never will be able to. I know this is an unfounded fear, but it's still very real for me.

Bob will be a great dad someday. I watched him yesterday with our nieces and nephew and he was having so much fun. Even when they were being a little difficult, he was finding ways to ease them out of those moments.

Someday I will look forward to this day again.

Someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter