Monday, November 10, 2008

CBC03

Marie at From Combat Boots to Rubber Stamps has a new challenge: http://bootstostamps.typepad.com/from_combat_
boots_to_rubb/2008/11/combat-boot-challenge-03.html
.

The inspiration piece is an Etsy artwork piece:





My favorite parts were the embossing (the circle behind the flower) and the shading in the colors.

I tried to mimic this by embossing a circle of flowers in the background, shaded with a sponge and multiple inks, and then added a "Happy Birthday" circular sentiment in the center of the chipboard flower outline. Then I put a gemstone brad in the center of the sentiment, added some ribbon to give the impression of a stem, and finished it off by adding it to a base.

While the photography leaves much to be desired, I liked the way the card turned out. I will likely either give this in person, or put it in a mailing box, as the size is an unusual 5x5 and doesn't lend itself to being mailed.

1 Comments:

At Monday, November 10, 2008 5:30:00 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Ooohhh...I can totally see the inspiration photo in your card!! Great job!! Love the colors you used!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter