Monday, June 26, 2006



The above is a cross-stitch piece I started working on a few years back for our someday baby.

I love most surprises, especially the kinds I have received the past few days. Out of the blue on Friday, one of my dear friends from the past (an owner of a cross-stitch store I used to frequent who is just a super, super, sweet person, but who moved out of state) called me to say she was thinking of me and she missed me. I'm getting tears in my eyes just thinking about it! How sweet! I haven't seen her in probably 4 or 5 years, and there was her name on the caller ID. Sweet! :-)

Another surprise that made me smile happened just now. I was awakened with a start in the middle of the night, so I decided to come into the computer room to clean and go through some old paperwork. I came across a sheet I'd printed out on how to make foreign language accents on the computer. With some regret, I thought to myself that I should throw it out because I so rarely type in French anymore... and... lo, and behold, an e-mail pops up unexpectedly from my Belgian host sister! (I was an exchange student 1988-1989 and lived with her family part of the time.) AWESOME! So, I happily dug out that sheet and quickly typed a response. I hadn't heard from her in over a year... what a terrific surprise!

I'm just toooooo happy right now... wonder if I'll be able to get back to sleep?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter