Sunday, July 16, 2006

So soon?

I was watching some late-night television so I could get sleepy and just saw something I was hoping not to see: a political ad for the November election. Yeesh. Christmas in July... campaigning in July... I almost wish I were distracted by school this summer. Almost! ;-)

On a happier note, here is what, to me, is the ultimate summer treat: my mom's rhubarb pie recipe. It's not for everyone, but it's the only dessert I can't pass up!

Rhubarb Pie
Pastry for 9-inch shell and top crust
2 well-beaten eggs
1-3/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teas. salt
4 cups sliced rhubarb
Butter or margarine

Combine eggs, sugar, flour and salt. Add rhubarb and mix well. Arrange in pie shell. Dot with butter or margarine. Top with second crust, seal and flute edges and cut slits in the top for steam to escape.
Bake in very hot oven (450 deg.) for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to moderate oven (350 deg.) and bake 30 minutes longer. Cool before cutting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter