Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Calm



When we were on vacation to the Seattle/Olympia area, we took a ferry ride up to Victoria, BC for the day. We saw Butchart Gardens while we were there and walked up and down the main "drag" before boarding the ferry to come back to the States.

That ferry ride was amazing. The sunset was gorgeous... 100% calming and serene. I took lots of pictures from that ferry ride. Some of them simply because the view was spectacular. Others I took because it was inspiring to be there with nothing immediately that I had to do... nothing so pressing that it couldn't wait. It seems like so much in life is demanding. This was time away, an escape I haven't felt since I was in Belgium. The fresh, ocean air... the ambiguity of being in between two countries... the laughter shared with family members... it was a moment I wanted to snag and hold near to my heart. I hope you enjoy this picture; I have many more that are mine to cherish, along with the memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter