Friday, August 11, 2006

Spinning...

My world is in motion. I've been in to school the past few days, learning computer "stuff", visiting my friends, and getting my room ready. It's starting. I'm nervous, always am this time of year. I ask myself so many questions:

"Will I be a better teacher this year than last?"
"Who will my students be this year as we begin... what will they grow into as we learn together?"
"What are the parents going to be like? Are they the overly-anxious types? Do they love their children? Are they the sort who indeed make sure that their children have the most basic needs of food, safety, and shelter?"
"Will my heart ache for them as they struggle over things they can't control?"
"Are my goals for myself too ambitious, or am I setting my sights too low?"

Guess I'll learn the answers... starting in twelve days. :-)

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Gracie said...

Okay this is an old post but this sums up how I feel about teaching in September. I can't wait but I am so nervous at the same time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Counter
Free Counter